Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How easy did your FLP's go in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How easy did your FLP's go in?

I was thinking of getting FLP's but wanted to know how hard they went in? Did you go from the top or bottom and what all did you have to remove? How much hp difference between FLP's or something like Kook's, Jet hot, or thunder racing headers?
Old 08-01-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: How easy did your FLP's go in?

They were easy to get in and fit.The only thing is you have to get the car up pretty far to get the pass.side in as they go in from the bottom.There is or used to be a pretty good writeup on the install which took you through the process and if any mech ability goes good.I did it by myself with minor hand from girl friend.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had no problems with FLP's going in on my 01 SS, I had to take off the heat sheilds to get them in but I't was easy in my opinion. I did not even have to jack the car up too high even, I used the 9"(I think) ramps that Autozone sells.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine go in easily. I have to remove the oil filter to get the driver's side in .
Old 08-01-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've installed FLP's (My SS), Jet Hots (My Z28), Macs (friends Z), Hookers (Friend's SS), SLP's (Friends T/A)....and the FLP's were BY FAR the easiest to install. I didn't have to pull/remove anything extra (no oil filter, no heat shields...nothing)...they were a straight remove/replace install.

Most difficult: SLP's, hands down
2nd Most: Mac's
relatively easy: Hookers/Jethots (removed oil bypass valve and Steering shaft)
Old 08-02-2003, 04:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to get the nose of the car pretty far up in the air and remove the oil filter to get them in. But other than that, they were a breeze.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

My FLP's went in my '99 perfectly. I suggest that you spend a little time getting the Y-pipe assembly exactly right before you tighten all the clamps. The nicest thing about this setup is that the FLP kit includes everything you'll need. I was especially pleased to find that the Y-pipe connected directly to my SLP Dual-Dual cat back and I clamped it with the supplied band-clamp. I didn't have to go to a muffler shop to get something welded!
Expensive, but a pleasure to install.