Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor help

Originally Posted by Cal
No, if you unplug one of the O2's, the PCM disregards that input and uses the other O2 to set fuel mixture for both sides.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm finishing up on my nitrous install and need to get the wideband hooked up. Is it as easy as unplugging one of the stock sensors and just setting it aside to use the bung for my wideband? Will the car run right with just one narrowband o2 sensor being used (basing everything off of one bank)?

Reason I'm asking is I've got a relatively stock exhaust setup (just cat back). I dont feel like getting headers or even just a catless y pipe even though it would be easier for this because eventually I plan on going turbo and dont like the idea of buying something i'll be throwing away later. I've tried to find pics of the stock Y and cats to see if theres a place to weld in a bung before the cats but cant find any pics that are useful. If the above method wont work what suggestions do you guys have in placement of a bung for my wideband on a stock exhaust setup?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add a new bung in front of one of the cats. Make sure it is in the 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock area so as not to get ruined by moisture. LOL