Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSS installation ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003 | 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Default LSS installation ?

quick question, installation U shows that you need to take apart the whole damn console to put on the LSS. Now I know when I put the ripper in my 96 3.8 I was able to just take off the leather boot surrounding the shifter. Is this the case for the console on a 2000 TA. If so that would save me some time and aggravation
Old 08-03-2003 | 11:38 PM
Launching!

Default Re: LSS installation ?

If installing just the LSS you can just take out the inner part of the console (boot/cup holder part). If replacing the shifter you need to remove the entire console.
Old 08-03-2003 | 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Open up the console.....remove the coin holder.
Take out 2 screws (10 mm if i remember right)..unscrew the shifter **** and pull the upper portion of the console out (removing the ash tray light as well).....you don't have to take the entire thing out.

If you know what you're doing it doesn't take more than a minute to get that thing off. If you just take the boot off you risk breaking the little tabs on it.
Old 08-04-2003 | 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

All you really need to take off is the shifter boot and ****. To take off the shifter boot and not break it, start at the bottom of the ring(farthest from the stereo), push it towards the center and with the other hand push the passenger's side of the ring. It should snap out with no problems. Once you have that off, you can just stick a ratchet in there with a 13mm socket and unbolt the stock stick, then bolt down the LSS. Also, so you won't get a lot of shifter noise, go to Pep boys and buy some paper gasket material and cut out a piece of it to put between the stick and the shifter. This quiets things down a lot!