Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should I do?

My Firehawk has been down ever since before I bought it. We just recently dropped the new motor in but I haven't had time to bolt everything (accessories, sensors, etc) back up to it. Here's my situation... my only vehicle besides it is for sale and could sell anytime. It sucks that I have been paying on my Firehawk and have never drove it. Anyways. The problem is the stock manifold y pipe bolts have 3 broken bolts out of the 6, and the other 3 feels like they want to break too. I am currently undergoing a front mount turbo build for the car, but it may be awhile (end of summer) before I can get that working due to lack of funds. I will have to change out the manifolds sooner or later to support the turbo build and it's probably a hassle changing them while the motor is all bolted up. So what should I do? Bolt what bolts I can back up to the stock exhaust and have bad exhaust leaks? Don't want to pay for $30/bolt to get that fixed and don't want to buy replacement manifolds that will only be used for a very short time. Can I build the turbo y pipe from the new manifolds/log (that I haven't got yet) and leave it open til I get the rest of the turbo stuff? I have no idea where to start..
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Hey man I tell you what. We are doing headers and duals on my bros car really soon. I can ship you the manifolds if you just pay the shipping. Let me know by pm if you wanna do that.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Hell I didnt even look at your location. You arent too far away from me so you would have them in 1 day if i shipped them.

Actually man I do have a set that I can get to ya in the next few days if your interested. Let me know what you wanna do.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

pm sent, thanks

anyone else have ideas out there?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Hey man I never got the pm