Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve Cover Help Need Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Valve Cover Help Need Asap!

I bought a set of valve covers off ebay to send off to be chromed. Before packing them up to send off I checked mine to make sure they were the same and the ones on my 02 WS6 have two hose fittings on the passengers side VC and the ones I bought only have one (SEE THE PICTURE BLOW).

I know aftermarket covers dont even have these fittings. Can I get these to work on my car? Maybe make a T off the front one and hook both to it? (BTW the front goes to the TB...where does the back go?) Or can I just plug off the back hose???

I need to get these shipped to the chromer ASAP if they will work...so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through this myself, if you have the old cover take a hammer and a wide punch and tap the old rear tube out its just pressed in so it should tap out easy but be gentle. Then drill you a hole in the new cover in the same location as the old cover. I took a 3/8 drill bit to make my hole, once you have the hole drilled gently tap your tube into place and your set.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tennz28
I just went through this myself, if you have the old cover take a hammer and a wide punch and tap the old rear tube out its just pressed in so it should tap out easy but be gentle. Then drill you a hole in the new cover in the same location as the old cover. I took a 3/8 drill bit to make my hole, once you have the hole drilled gently tap your tube into place and your set.
Thanks. On the tube thats in the new one there is a little black box of some sort behind it (on the inside part of the valve cover)...I asume its some type of baffle. Does the second fitting on the stock cover have the same thing or is it just a fitting there like you described?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

On the inside of stock cover there are 3 (i think) black plastic looking baffels. To get to the tube pop off the black plastic baffel that covers it and slowly and gently tap it out. On the inside of the new cover should be a metal sleeve that goes from the exsisting fresh air tube to the back where your new holes going to be drilled. When you drill the hole make sure you dont go through that metal plate.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also like i said when you have your new hole drilled make sure the hole is just big enough to press that new tube in. After I drilled my hole I used a rubber mallet to hit the tube into place.