Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the TSP intake package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the TSP intake package?

I received my TSP intake package (85mm lid, 85mm SLP MAF, and bellows) and the bellows doesn't even come close to reaching the TB. Does anyone else have it and have this problem? This is in no way a bash to TSP, the products are high quality, I just might be an exception. I'm going to call them tomorrow and check it out, anyone else experience this?
Old 08-07-2003, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Anyone have the TSP intake package?

I had the same problem installing my TSP lid (85mm). I already had the SLP MAF and Bellows though on my car.

What I did was I took the MAF sleeve that originally connected the MAF to the SLP lid that I was replacing (the sleeve came with the 85 mm MAF from SLP) and I slid it over the TSP lid's neck (tight fit, but I got it on). Then I slid the MAF into the sleeve instead of into the neck of the lid. That got me the extra length that I needed to get the bellows to easily reach and slide over the TB correctly.

I think I may have been able to work at it so that the bellows would reach the TB without using the SLP MAF sleeve, but it would have taken a while. I went with the easier solution.

I hope this helps - if I didn't have the SLP MAF sleeve, things would have been harder to fit - but I think I would have managed. I think.

Anyway, call up TSP, maybe they can ship you the sleeve that SLP sends out with it's 85 mm MAF.

good luck.

-Bradster

Old 08-07-2003, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

if anything mine was a little too long, making it very hard to secure the lid down.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

The whole reason I got this kit was so that I wouldn't have to use another connector from the lid to the MAF.

That is weird that yours is too long, mine doesn't even come close to touching the throttle body.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

We're going to do some test fitting tomorrow with different MAFs and bellows to see what's going on. If it's the lid, we need to know so we can change it!

Thanks!

Brian
(806) 866-0734