Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV modification, what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV modification, what are my options?

As I posted in another thread, I'm seeing 3 degrees of KR in second gear at like 4500RPM. I'm thinking of a few things I could try to cut down on this and one of those things is modifying the PCV to keep oil out of the intake.

What are my options with this? I've seen the filter and catch-can mods, but don't like the idea of changing filters all the time. I've seen some references to an LS6 modification, where you actually have to modify the valve cover, but I heard it entails some heavy grinding and often doesn't have that great an effect.

Would I be able to just cap the PCV system and run a breather? Would that cause any problems?

Just curious right now...I plan to check behind the throttle body later tonight to see if I've got excess oil back there. I'm just exploring all possibilities...I'm like a half-second slower than I ought to be with my mods and I think the KR is a big part of it.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2003, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: PCV modification, what are my options?

Don't run a breather, I'll tell you that much.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: PCV modification, what are my options?

I built and installed a catch can. I did not install any kind of filter in the line and it works great. Just have to get the oil out of the can every couple of weeks.

http://groups.msn.com/OldMansWs6/sho...amp;PhotoID=26