Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For anyone looking at buying Flowtech headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone looking at buying Flowtech headers

DONT!!!!
What a hassle! I bought mine for Maryland speed (Nothing wrong with them) and took them down to Jet Hot in PHX for a nice coating. Cost me alot. I'm out 700 bucks at this point, plus the install. (Yeah I know) Plus took it to Top gear here in PHX and My mechanic had TONS of problems getting the crappy Y-pipe to fit b/c IT DOESNT FIT!!! The flanges are too thin and the direction the pipe faces wont line up with anything. He had to fab up something to make it work without welding it to the cat-back. Yeah, It feels like 1-3/4" headers should feel. I'll give them that. But for the investment I've got into them, just do right by the world and your wallett and get the pacesetters or kooks. If I could go back in time and get my oney back, I would have gone with coated pacesetters and TSP ORY. I hate my life right now. These cheap headers turned into a nightmare.

Just fork up the dough and get the right stuff. Let your speed shop guy shop for you. It will make things so much easier
Old 05-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Tough Mudder

Mine were fine. I installed them fairly easily, then pulled them, put them in Cody's car and he's still using them.

Sorry you had such bad luck with them. Mine were coated when I got them.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive got two friends that have flowtechs and we installed theres easily