Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tap into the water pump for the coolant crossover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone tap into the water pump for the coolant crossover?

I really dont like the hose coming off of the coolant crossover, its that one that goes to the throttle body, then from the throttle body to the radiator. Well I have bypassed it when I installed my ported throttle body and i dont really like how close it is to the water pump pulley.

I read a post a while ago and in the post a user said he has seen the water pump tapped and the hose run to the water pump. Has anyone done this or know of someone who has?Thanks very much!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I really dont like the hose coming off of the coolant crossover, its that one that goes to the throttle body, then from the throttle body to the radiator. Well I have bypassed it when I installed my ported throttle body and i dont really like how close it is to the water pump pulley.

I read a post a while ago and in the post a user said he has seen the water pump tapped and the hose run to the water pump. Has anyone done this or know of someone who has?Thanks very much!
I have no idea what a WS6 looks like under the hood, but on the Vettes we come off the valley tube with a single hose that runs straight forward to the back side of the radiator shroud and then across it to the inlet. This way it's totally out of the way and doesn't run any where near the water pump pulley.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Banned

Very popular when it comes to LS1 swaps in cars and that trucks don't have the provision for it on the stock radiators, as seen here on this 3rd gen camaro swap...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Was gonna say that I have thought about it & it also elevates the high point in the system. Also considered putting a plug or blead screw in the pump to assist removing air upon initial fill. Diablo Formula's pics, say it all.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks DiabloFormula, thats just what I was looking for. The hose seems a little bit big compared to the stock hose...maybe when I have my motor out I will do the same thing only turn the fitting toward the left side and find a small hose with a 90 degree bend so that it doesnt hang over the pump pulley.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Not a problem, glad to help.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine hooked up that way for a while. When I tapped the water pump, I got a little closer to the throttle body and when I went to a 90MM, I had to move it to the radiator. The connection wouldn't let the throttle valve cable connection hook up the way it needed to. Just remember to move it to the left as far as possible to make sure you never have problems. Here is a pic showing what is too close. You can see where I put the plug in.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks LS1MCSS, I didnt even think about that, thanks for the heads up, I am installing a FAST 92mm at the same time.

Quick Reply: Anyone tap into the water pump for the coolant crossover?