Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Racing Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Racing Catch Can

I just got my catch can from thunder racing today and upon readin the instruction was confused. It said connect the PCV hose from the front of the passenger valve cover to the top of the can then connect to the intake manifold behind the throttle body...... But is the PCV hose the one that wraps around the intake from the back? heres a pic

Catch Can

thus that big boot on the hose running to the intake, i've already changed the PCV valve awhile back

Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

very nice
Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

I just did mine (identical) and you have to cut the hard plastic line, cut a short section of that 3/8" heater hose and push it over the hard line, then onto the top fitting. I cut a super short piece of hose to connect just before the PCV valve to the bottom fitting on the can. Use a very sharp serrated edge knive to cut that plastic line.

Last edited by Redlinez; 08-19-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Redlinez
I just did mine (identical) and you have to cut the hard plastic line, cut a short section of that 3/8" heater hose and push it over the hard line, then onto the top fitting. I cut a super short piece of hose to connect just before the PCV valve to the bottom fitting on the can. Use a very sharp serrated edge knive to cut that plastic line.
Thanks thats what I was wondering. That hard plastic work screwing me up cuz i wasn't sure if I had to cut it or the rubber hose off the vent on the passenger VC to the TB

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing Catch Can