Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Inc duals just installed with dyno....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speed Inc duals just installed with dyno....

I just had them installed, havn't picked the car up yet will do that wed night after work. It pulled 320rwhp with air fuel ratio just over 12(it's a 1998) with LT's, Duals, lid and filter. Does that sound about right? I was hoping for a little more and I don't know the torque till I pick it up. Also, the guy said something about the converter being unlocked at the time and that they usually get 18-20 additional rwhp with it locked. Does that sound plausible? I don't remember anything like that but then again what do I know
Old 08-13-2003, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Speed Inc duals just installed with dyno....

Real nice numbers for a 98 A4...especially with the converter unlocked.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Restricted User

unlocked dyno numbers are lower, how much I am not sure of. Nice numbers though...
Old 08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

I'll bet your restriction now is going to be on the intake side. You're getting plenty of air out, but not enough air in. I had the same problem. I had cam, longtubes, and true duals, but could not get it very far above 360 RWHP (I have an M6) even without cats on the stock heads. Changed to an LS6 intake, and it jumped 17 rwhp and 17 rwtq WITH cats installed.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, does anybody have a somewhat specific idea of how much higher it would dyno with the converter locked? I know it should be higher but does anyone know how much? I'd really like to know. I'd sure like to think it had another 20rwhp or tq than it does. I picked it up today, it dyno'd at 320rwhp/337rwtq. Torque curve looks really nice. AFR was a nearly constant 12.0-12.2. It does not sound the way that I expected it too. It is almost too quiet for my tastes but does have a really nice sound. Very remiscent of open header just much quieter at very low throttle and the further my foot gets in the more aggressive it sounds. It screams through the upper RPM's. I still won't be satisfied with the sound till I get something like a Hotcam in it though The SOTP is a very nice increase, as it should be

Edit, BTW: It's a full 3" dual into and out of the X-pipe with the 12" dynomax bullets and turndowns aimed slightly back and to the sides.