Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Header Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Header Help

I am currently deployed and need help. I have a race 7 days when I get back, but want to get a set of pacesetter headers (I have deleted the AIR/EGR, so I'm buying the 1998 race version). I don't have a lot of time on the computer, so if anyone has bought and installed them, I need the following info-

Exactly what you bought so I can order it and it be waiting for me when I get home.
If you had to replace cats, which ones you bought. I'd really like to delete them but don't know if that will screw up the way the engine runs. I can live with SES lights until I get it dynoed this Fall.
If there are any kits that sell everything together.
If there are any sponsors that have a good deal.
If there were any hangups. I've installed headers on 3rd gens and trucks so I know there can sometimes be a problem or two.
I know there are probably threads on this site already about a step by step Pacesetter swap, but I just don't have time to do the research. I'd be much obliged with any first hand experience that someone can give me. Thanks for helping a racer out.
Wayne
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not sure what you mean by replacing cats, but if cost is a concern just get an off road Y pipe.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any one of the sponsors usually sell lts and y pipes as a package sometimes.

Last edited by jsteele90; 06-06-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: im dumb