Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What sensor is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What sensor is this?

Okay, while I was doing my cam install, I accidentally broke a sensor on the front drivers side of the engine. Its right above the first spark plug, closest to the front of the car (drivers side). I used some electrical tape to patch it for the time being, but the electrical tape doesnt hold it that great (plastic clip broke) ... I believe it is a temp sensor, since when the sensor wire starts to come loose the temp gauge goes all the way down, then back up, and the car changes its idle to compensate, making it very annoying to drive.
Is that what this sensor is, if so, does anyone know the part number off-hand so I can reorder another?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What sensor is this?

Sounds like you got the coolant temperature sensor. That's where it's located. Replace it soon. The car's gonna give you a fit until then.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:44 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What sensor is this?

Sounds like you got the coolant temperature sensor. That's where it's located. Replace it soon. The car's gonna give you a fit until then.
Yah I noticed ... it bucks all over the place and raises and lowers the idle constantly until I stop, open the hood and shove it back in again. Granted this has only happened twice in the last 2 weeks, but still a pain in the *** and needs to be fixed.

Any idea of the part number?