Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp flowpac install problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp flowpac install problems!!!

So I had a few problems installing the flowpac but nothing major untill the end. Im trying to put the lid on and put everything back together. For some reason the lid does not sit right so the latches won't stay locked and the lid does not seal what so ever. If anybody has any tips or hints please help asap!!! Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

the lip of the lid should be tucked inside the lip of the lower intake part if that helps. i got the same lid and most of the time when guys say it doesnt seal and the clips pop off its because it isnt pushed all the way back.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no hints man all slp lids fit like **** i have one and it has gaps on each side. you just have to sit there and play with it and if you do get it to latch never open it again
Old 06-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spy2520
the lip of the lid should be tucked inside the lip of the lower intake part if that helps. i got the same lid and most of the time when guys say it doesnt seal and the clips pop off its because it isnt pushed all the way back.

The front or the back of the lid should tuck? It just seems like the tabs on the slp lid won't stay in the factory slots if you know what i mean. The whole thing just seems to fit like crap!! I missed going to norwalk because i'm still trying to mess with this crap.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

the front of the lid should sit inside the lower airbox lip. The tabs should slide in, the clips should stay on.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Teching In

I think i got it thanks for the help!! the lid still gaps on the sides more than i think it should but whatever. thanks again
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

According to SLP they are now shipping out a re designed lid with the flopac. Is the fitment not any better?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula93
According to SLP they are now shipping out a re designed lid with the flopac. Is the fitment not any better?
I think the lid is crap IMO. Its a pain in the a** to get it to fit right. It just doesn't fit the bottom part of the intake like I think it should. I think it should just be a little bigger so it fits over the front of the box instead, I had to "tuck" the front of the lid into the intake box just to get the clamps to close and it leaves gaps on the side of the box because of the poor fitment. But I guess if you compare this to the fitment issuses I had with the Injen intake for my Cobalt SS then its not so bad.

All in all I think its a good set up but the lid needs to be re re-designed to fit better.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned

It's the bellow pushing it forward. I can't see how anyone can have a hard time installing this, but whatever.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02b4ccamaro
no hints man all slp lids fit like **** i have one and it has gaps on each side. you just have to sit there and play with it and if you do get it to latch never open it again
Good to see ignorance is out and showing itself. My SLP lid fits perfectly, yours sounds like a bad bunch, shoulda returned it, or not bitch about it because you didnt.

TO the OP push the lid back towards the intake manifold as your setting it down, once its over that lip, its on. Youll get it down over time.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slv02t/a
I think the lid is crap IMO. Its a pain in the a** to get it to fit right. It just doesn't fit the bottom part of the intake like I think it should. I think it should just be a little bigger so it fits over the front of the box instead, I had to "tuck" the front of the lid into the intake box just to get the clamps to close and it leaves gaps on the side of the box because of the poor fitment. But I guess if you compare this to the fitment issuses I had with the Injen intake for my Cobalt SS then its not so bad.

All in all I think its a good set up but the lid needs to be re re-designed to fit better.
Poor fitment? See above post.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Banned

Look, removed and re-installed in less than 30 seconds one handed at almost 2am.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEUCqB70WHI
Old 06-12-2008, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Look, removed and re-installed in less than 30 seconds one handed at almost 2am.
Woot and the second video down on the right is me racing a mod'd lightning. Long story tho, I make 60whp more now than then.

But anyways, the install is easy!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the vid but mine is not even close to fitting like that, its hard to explain and I don't know how to explain it better it just fits like crap but maybe its just me being dumb but if mine went on that easy I wouldn't have made the post. I wish mine fit half as good as yours.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slv02t/a
Thanks for the vid but mine is not even close to fitting like that, its hard to explain and I don't know how to explain it better it just fits like crap but maybe its just me being dumb but if mine went on that easy I wouldn't have made the post. I wish mine fit half as good as yours.
Well I don't think you're stupid or anything, maybe it is the lid. Have you tried installing it without the SLP bellow? It just seems like that might be a problem.
The only other thing is to send it back. It might be a little hassle to send it back, but if you don't it'll be a hassle for a long time.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Well I don't think you're stupid or anything, maybe it is the lid. Have you tried installing it without the SLP bellow? It just seems like that might be a problem.
The only other thing is to send it back. It might be a little hassle to send it back, but if you don't it'll be a hassle for a long time.
I have not tried installing it without the bellow but I think I will try that to see if it helps any. I think it will because I can tell it is pushing it forward but I don't know how much it will help because I think its the lid and it just doesn't fit right. I got it to close and stay closed so I'll probably just put up with it. Maybe I can get the member Wonderbread to look at it since his shop is close and get a professional opinion. But thanks for the help and vid

Quick Reply: Slp flowpac install problems!!!