Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 Intake!!

Well I tackled the project today and it was an intresting one. The install was going really smooth and when i was tightening down the intake bolts I managed to snap one off in the head Well after that I pulled the intake again and luckily got the broken bolt out of the head without anything stripped. Called GM and they only sell the bolts in packs of ten. Each bolt is $3 something so I have a little extra expense. I have to wait til next week for the bolt but I hooked everything else back up and started the car and there was no leaks. I couldn't help it so i took it down the road quickly. WOW the car really seems more responsive when accelerating. I guess after a cam install the LS1 intake is really a restrictive piece. I'm very happy with the mod and now I'm just waiting for my other bolt to come in.

Jeremy
Old 08-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS6 Intake!!

Giving me more reason to stop being cheap..my guess is to wait til the LSX intake or someone else comes out with one, and then I will get a used one cheap. sounds good.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LS6 Intake!!

ttt