Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Junk in throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junk in throttle body

Hey all

Have the car apart right now to clean the MAF sensor.

I noticed when I pulled the cleaner housing apart there was some oily liquid sitting in the throttle body before the plate and seems to also be all over the inside of the small accordion tube and MAF. I cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner and cleaned everything else with TB cleaner. Is this oily liquid just the crap that's getting recirculated by the PCV system or do I have a larger problem? Doesn't make much sense to keep tearing the thing apart to clean everything up when it's just going to get all crapped up again.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Launching!

I think its just recirc, i also think the EGR brings in alot of uneeded gases and carbons back into the intake, when i did my LS6 swap i let my LS1 intake sit in the grass because it had oil slowly leaking out of it. Since i put on the LS6 i have had no oil residue in the intake, but i have only had the LS6 on for a week or two so its still early.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Is there any way to do this without swapping to another intake?? The car is a 02 WS6 if that matters. I've seen things like a catch can mod. Will that take care of most of it?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

It's probably oil from the PCV system. Do a search on catch can.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

You already have a LS6 intake being a 02 so that wont help. If it is the EGR ditch it, less weight, less clutter. I don't know inspection and smog laws of PA. I don't know if that's the problem anyway. You can do the catch can or a ls6 PCV setup. Oh so many options...