Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jantzer ported tb (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default jantzer ported tb (pics)

and two wipe open shots - stock and ported for comparison...

stock

jantzer

i think the pictures say everything.
does it get any better than this?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the inside looked a lot shinier in the advertising pics.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah thats not polished just ported. wonder if it makes an hp difference??
Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ported throttlebodies isnt something new.....Janzter has been around for a while and now back again. 5-10hp is a normal gain.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You will notice a better throttle responce with a ported TB but your butt dyno probably will not pick up on the 5-6 HP increase.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jantzer,

If you are reading this can you knife-edge the front edge for me and also cut down the TB blade screws to even with the shaft?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
Jantzer,

If you are reading this can you knife-edge the front edge for me and also cut down the TB blade screws to even with the shaft?
We typically don't knife edge the blade because you stand a higher chance of idle issues.

I just got your throttle body so I will get you all fixed up and have it back on the road tomorrow. Didn't you say you had your name all over the throttle body? I don't see it anywhere lol.

Just as a heads up. Anybody that wants a throttle body needs to work through Chris (99blancoSS) he will get you all set up. If you absolutely HAVE to send YOUR throttle body core ported, then you can send it in but I still would like you to go through Chris. It makes my life easier and he's the man for customer service. Our system is working out great!
Old 07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

it isn't too shiny because i went for the ported (and not polished) tb. in person, you can really get a feel for the quality of workmanship and effort/time that was put into it.
i've seen a lot of pictures online of other ported tb's and i'm pretty impressed.

on the highway i feel like it is registering on the butt dyno. especially going wot in upper rpm or going part throttle to wot - the car feels like it pulls harder. i'll look at my hptuner logs to see where it may be pulling in more air to confirm my butt dyno readings.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx guys, Yep as stated if you’re looking for a ported TB just contact me and I'll get you taken care of. You can call in your order or just use my paypal, what ever is more convenient for you.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
it isn't too shiny because i went for the ported (and not polished) tb. in person, you can really get a feel for the quality of workmanship and effort/time that was put into it.
i've seen a lot of pictures online of other ported tb's and i'm pretty impressed.

on the highway i feel like it is registering on the butt dyno. especially going wot in upper rpm or going part throttle to wot - the car feels like it pulls harder. i'll look at my hptuner logs to see where it may be pulling in more air to confirm my butt dyno readings.
you've got a hell of a butt dyno if it can pick up 5-6 hp ... ... it is probably your mind influence on your butt dyno in reality
Old 07-05-2008, 12:23 PM
8 Second Club

how much?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Teching In

cool stuff man
Old 07-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dudeman
how much?
$69.95 stock outside.
$149.95 powdercoat exterior & polished stuff
$199.95 fully polished exterior & polished stuff
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Guess the Pay-Pal made it and it shipped?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Guess the Pay-Pal made it and it shipped?
Email me please. This has been a forum transaction which isn't the way to do business. Contact Chris for shipping details. In this case since you decided to send your core without payment and I had no way of getting ahold of you, I need you to contact me. There was some damage and you need to contact me so we can resolve the problem.

Please send all inquires to CHRIS and he can handle the transactions.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Jantzer I tried to pm you but couldn't.Hey recieved my throttle body today looks like nice work, one question I noticed on the bump stop mod that you shaved alot off but at full throttle it doesnt go back all the way to the stop when peddle floored and cable is adjusted all the way out. I,m not really worried about it since when I did the bumpstop mod on my old one it did the same thing but when scanned it said I was 100%. It just looks like you took alot more off than I did, anyone ever ask you about it. I did put it on tonight and took it out for a short ride and it felt good but couldnt really open it up. I am going to the track thurs and will post the results, I pm'd Blanco he said he would ask ya but I figured I'd ask you since I saw you on,thanx.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jantzer98SS
Email me please. This has been a forum transaction which isn't the way to do business. Contact Chris for shipping details. In this case since you decided to send your core without payment and I had no way of getting ahold of you, I need you to contact me. There was some damage and you need to contact me so we can resolve the problem.

Please send all inquires to CHRIS and he can handle the transactions.
Well Chris did PM me today saying:

Hi, Its ready, how were you going to pay for it? Or did you already through paypam to me and if so whats the name on the paypal acct. Thank you

Chris

So I Pay-Pal'd and got no response in PM's. So it must of got damaged from the time he sent that until just now after it was done?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Well Chris did PM me today saying:

Hi, Its ready, how were you going to pay for it? Or did you already through paypam to me and if so whats the name on the paypal acct. Thank you

Chris

So I Pay-Pal'd and got no response in PM's. So it must of got damaged from the time he sent that until just now after it was done?
I emailed you back. Obviously a misunderstanding. No need to be a smartazz on here talk to Chris and I so we can get you taken care of. If you didn't want any confusion you shouldn't have sent a throttle body to someone you didn't talk to and you also shouldn't have sent it without payment. This is exactly why Chris is the goto guy to prevent these problems.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
Jantzer I tried to pm you but couldn't.Hey recieved my throttle body today looks like nice work, one question I noticed on the bump stop mod that you shaved alot off but at full throttle it doesnt go back all the way to the stop when peddle floored and cable is adjusted all the way out. I,m not really worried about it since when I did the bumpstop mod on my old one it did the same thing but when scanned it said I was 100%. It just looks like you took alot more off than I did, anyone ever ask you about it. I did put it on tonight and took it out for a short ride and it felt good but couldnt really open it up. I am going to the track thurs and will post the results, I pm'd Blanco he said he would ask ya but I figured I'd ask you since I saw you on,thanx.
As long as the blade looks near 90 degrees under full pedal your fine. This is the first I've ever heard of this. The bump-stop is NOT a critical mod. So long as it doesn't set a code for opening the blade too far.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
i noticed there seemed to be a lot trimmed off the bumpstop also, so i scanned the tps voltage and watched as someone floored the pedal. on my ported tb, the pedal does go all the way down until it hits the throttle body bumpstop and tps voltage is perfect, hitting 4.57 - 4.69 volts.