Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SS Owner looking for complete Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SS Owner looking for complete Exhaust

hey guys maybe yall can help me out i have a 2000 SS completely stock an i figured id start with boltin on some new set of exhaust as far as headers what should i look for as far as Shorties or Longtube and what kinda Headers do yall recommened as far as money and after all performance Hooker, SLP, Mac, etc and as far a Y pipe and Exhaust do you all recommend Borla or SLP Loud Mouth and which one of those Exhaust will give me the nice sound we all love and perfoamnce

and one last question do yall recommend me adding the cats or no cats what are the goods and bads bout them other than emmisions test
Old 08-20-2003, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Default Re: New SS Owner looking for complete Exhaust

Definatly MagnaFlow catback by far my personal favorate for sound and power, and have had good luck with SLP headers. Both products have the absolute best quality fit and finish, And produce great HP on our stock WS6 SLP headers gained 26RWHP. As far as cats its personal preferance how you want to go you would only loose 5 or so hp through cats and they tame the exhaust not down a little.

Just my recomondations
Nate
Old 08-20-2003, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

SLP headers are hard to install and hang very low. If your car is lowered or you are thinking of lowering it, i would not consider SLP.

I would go with FLP, QTP, KOOKS
Old 08-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Teching In

APPRECIATE IT GUYS