Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pace Setter Header Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pace Setter Header Good or Bad?

How many on this board run the pace setter headers? I have Mac's now and was thinking of changing over to Pace Setter's. I've heard different storys on quality. Is is worth the time to change? Should I get Hooker Long Tubes? I'm currnetly running a C2 cam, ported heads and Mac headers. I dynoed last Friday at Texas Speed and Performance the best was 377 rwhp & 367 tq. I'm thing of going to a new cam 231 237 .598 .595 112. Will I benefit from pace headers or should I just get the 231 cam?

Please post the good and bad things about the pace setter headers.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Pace Setter Header Good or Bad?

I have the pacesetters. They are good enough, and make good power. I only had one small prob with them, and I think it stems from the poly mounts I installed with my motor swap. I had some y pipe banging because the poly mounts held the motor a little bit higher. other than that and not receiving the clamps to seal it up with they are great. They sound badass. The I have ory pipe. overall I don't think you can beat 'em for the money.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Pace Setter Header Good or Bad?

I second that opinion.