Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions testing without EGR and AIR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Emissions testing without EGR and AIR?

QTP Headers and Y-pipe with no emissions provisions so the AIR and EGR need to go. I still have one more VET test to go in Nov. before it goes away but I don't want to wait until then to install these. They don't check the car for cats or put it on the rollers. They just plug into the computer under the dash and undo the gas cap. Will it fail because this are both disabled? What if I have LS1edit? Will it trick the VET computer showing its still intact? Also, what will it do to my car untuned? Will it throw any codes and will these codes effect performance? Finally, is there any way to trick the computer so I don't throw any codes without getting LS1edit? There has to be someone where I can stick a resistor to fool it. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Emissions testing without EGR and AIR?

You need LS1-Edit to do the trickery. You leave the PCM to do its testing for the emmissions stuff, but tell it not to set a code for any error. This way all tests will show complete. They only test for the readiness of the tests, not that they actually pass or fail. So if the tests still run the copmuter will show complete. You need to leave each code to 'Does error set SES' to YES, but change the 'Error Mode' to 'Type X'
Old 08-23-2003, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

You need LS1-Edit to do the trickery. You leave the PCM to do its testing for the emmissions stuff, but tell it not to set a code for any error. This way all tests will show complete. They only test for the readiness of the tests, not that they actually pass or fail. So if the tests still run the copmuter will show complete. You need to leave each code to 'Does error set SES' to YES, but change the 'Error Mode' to 'Type X'

I agree with this completely, I am certified to do Emissions testing in Ga. as long as the readiness monitors are set to ready and no codes are present you will pass OBDII testing in Ga.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Its the same here for Texas.