Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP kit and Loudmouth, can this be improved?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 11:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FLP kit and Loudmouth, can this be improved?

Im currently running FLP headers, with the FLP y-pipe and cats. I ran the off road pipes for a while, but it was too loud for me! I was wondering if the flow can be improved from the set up that Ive got going? I was thinking of a bigger y-pipe or maybe even going to an x-pipe. I know that using a bigger y-pipe would be cheaper, but if its worth it, then I may consider doing an x-pipe. The only thing is, if I do an x-pipe, I dont want to modify any of the FLP kit. I also want to be able to still swap out the cats for the off road pipes and vise versa. So what I would need is to have the same flanges as FLP uses at the front of the x-pipe. I'd like for the system to be all bolted in so just in case I even need to do work underneath there and it gets in the way, I can remove it. Has anyone ever done this? I hate to go get all of this cutsom made because I know that it would be hella-expensive, so are there any kits out there that will still allow you to run your FLP headers and cat/off road pipes? I can assume that if there was, the x-pipe would be shorter than all others because the cats/off road pipes are still going to be in use. (instead of the x-pipe going all the way to the end of the headers/collectors. Do you think that I should just get a bigger y-pipe built or do a x-pipe setup? Will either one of them pick up any gains from the setup Ive got now? Out of the 2, which will sound better? Oh...not to forget, I also wanted to run dual electric cutouts! Im not sure where everyone puts them, but I wanted to put them right after the cats or off road pipes which ever Im using. But I dont see how thats possible if its going to be in between 2 flanged ends. Any ideas on how I could do this? Anyone got something going like this right now? Or maybe I can run them before the cats/off road pipes. Hrrmm...let me know what you think? Thanks and any/all help is appreicated.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: FLP kit and Loudmouth, can this be improved?

ttt