Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY True Duals

Old 08-30-2003, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DIY True Duals

Finnally got my True Duals together and on the car. They came ok for my first welding project It started out as two dymomax bullets, a u-bend to make some turndowns out of, and some extension pipe...

Should have a sound clip soon. More pics on the cardomain page. What do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: DIY True Duals

looks sweet, did you use an x pipe?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks

Nope, it's two seperate pipes. I'll probably redo it with an X when I take off the cats.

I've got video/sound clips if anyone knows a good place to host them??
Old 08-31-2003, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice,

Goto www.imagestation.com
Only thing is when you upload your pic's/movies you have to copy the shortcut and paste them here cause alot of people are not members so they wont be able to goto your album.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

looks good. Crossover would be nice to have. Helps reduce sound a bit, too. Is it too loud for you with just those mufflers and Cats? I have bullets and no cats with an x pipe and my car is real loud.

Jordan
Old 09-01-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good. Crossover would be nice to have. Helps reduce sound a bit, too. Is it too loud for you with just those mufflers and Cats? I have bullets and no cats with an x pipe and my car is real loud.

Jordan

Thanks
I wanted to put a crossover in, but I figured it would be a bit much for my first undertaking
It's loud, but it's not ungodly loud - probably due to the cats. I can tell the sound is a bit more rough than the smooth (though sometimes raspy) sound that I've heard of no-cat systems. I like it though.

I'll probably re-do it later on with no cats, a crossover of some kind, and tips (stock Z28) coming out the side in front of the rear tires. I'm thinking of using four bullets instead of two to try and cut back on the noise/rasp.

I'm still trying to get a video/sound clip hosted, but I'm having trouble with imagestation
Old 09-02-2003, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good. I always have fun playin' with my welder I used to be intimidated by making custom exhausts, but its not really that difficult. Just an FYI, Dr.Gas sells an X pipe kit that isnt really hard to make work under these cars. Thats what Jorday and I put on his car. The rasp will go away with a crossover pipe. I cant believe what a difference an X pipe makes as far as sound quality on these motors. At 6000 rpm, the motor sounds like its running about 8000
Old 09-02-2003, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

The rasp will go away with a crossover pipe. I cant believe what a difference an X pipe makes as far as sound quality on these motors. At 6000 rpm, the motor sounds like its running about 8000
Cool , I'll have to put that on the "to do" list

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY True Duals