Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Leak

I just started having a fuel leak about a week ago. After some investigation, I noticed the Intake looked damp around the 3rd injector back drivers side. Couldn't find anything else and didn't get a chance too look much more cuz of work. Checked today and there was like a puddle around the same area. I looked around for any fuel hose that could be spraying it on the general area, but but could find none, so obviously that's where my leak is.

I pulled the injector and i can't find any damage of any kind, the o-ring looks fine to me. So is there anything else that could be causing this much of a leak related to the injector?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67GoatPimp
I just started having a fuel leak about a week ago. After some investigation, I noticed the Intake looked damp around the 3rd injector back drivers side. Couldn't find anything else and didn't get a chance too look much more cuz of work. Checked today and there was like a puddle around the same area. I looked around for any fuel hose that could be spraying it on the general area, but but could find none, so obviously that's where my leak is.

I pulled the injector and i can't find any damage of any kind, the o-ring looks fine to me. So is there anything else that could be causing this much of a leak related to the injector?
I would replace the o-ring, even though you say it looks fine and see what happens. Make sure there isn't any dirt around the sealing surface when you put the injector back in. Another trick is put a little oil or vaseline around the o-ring....makes it slide into place easier and helps with a good seal.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its likely the o-ring at the rail.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Staging Lane

Can you buy just the 0 ring somewhere like autozone or a chevy dealership or will they only sell me the whole injector?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 AM
11 Second Club

You should be able to get just the o-ring....the dealer is probably your best bet. You may have to purchase more than one though as they may come several to a package.

Last edited by SS1875; 08-15-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
i m having the same exact problem at the same location
u fixed it by replacing the O-ring ?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, update
i got the fuel rail off and found out 2 o-rings are busted
changed them out, no more leak