Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed ATI Super Damper and/or Pin/Key Kit for LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 06:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Installed ATI Super Damper and/or Pin/Key Kit for LS1?

I plan to put it in Sunday.

If I could get three main questions answered, though, I'd feel more comfortable when I start.

Q1. Putting it on the crank (several related questions, actually): Did you HAVE to have a pulley installer to get it on? Does it slide on or does heating it a bit get it on? Is it best to put it on assembled or certain pieces at a time? I have the instructions for heating the aluminum hub with boiling water for five minutes. Is that what I have? With the coating on it, It's hard for me to tell...it feels a bit heavy for aluminum.

2. The drilled hole for the pin; how does it bottom out? I mean, I can't reconcile in my mind how after I drill to the center bore of the crank, how that pin is going to still protrude enough to lock in the keyway of the new hub. Do you just float it to protrude enough, anticipating after the bolt is installed, it has sufficient protruderence? (Yeah, I made up that word. )

Q3. Were you able to do all the install without removing the fan/radiator, etc., to make room to work? I'd just like to know that ahead of time so I don't start it, only to have to remove more stuff to get sufficient room to work.

I think I will replace my serpentine belts while I'm in there, too.

Quick Reply: Installed ATI Super Damper and/or Pin/Key Kit for LS1?