Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New product - VR Velocity stack

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jaberwaki,

I didn't mean anything towards you. I was commenting on unit213's post.

Bret
Old 10-26-2003, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow....This things looks as cool as the Tornado!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 04:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sstrokerace....
ok sorry if i cam off harsh....
bad night....
Old 10-27-2003, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man.. whole lot of dyno racing going on in here.

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
uuuummmmm sstroker ace who was the no you dont comment pointed at???
me saying mid 11's here i come???
easy how you fling that around...
i HAVE 395rwhp now and electric waterpump and ftra are proven mods... could see 15-20 hp out of them...
you sayen a 410-415 rwhp car cant do mid 11's???
i did not say i WAS doing this mod... i said i was waiting for real dyno proof as to weither it will make hp or not....

i would take there word on the product the same way i would take your word on your product.... namely i wouldn't
i wait to see if the part makes power on the dyno with real ppl....
again i am glad everyone has theorys about the technical soundness of this part but unless you have dynoed one your opinion is as good as mine.... its not...
look i aint tryen to blast ya but thought your post was alittle rude...
i said i want to see real unbiased dyno results.... then we can all deside if it works... i dont wanna eat humble pie if the thing actually turns out to be the real mccoy... but i dont waan feel robbed if it dont work either...
Dude, Take a deep breath. Obviously SStrokerAce was responding to unit213 question.
Originally Posted by unit213
I'd love to hear Bauer's thoughts on this "thing".
Someone asked him his opinion and he gave it. He in no way directly commented to your post.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you go into a parts store and ask if they have 'tested' every part they sell? Of course not. Tom is just like any other parts store, he passes on what the mfr tells him in his ads.
This part was posted over on the GM truck forum 6-8 weeks ago, and, to my knowledge, I have NOT seen anyone who bought one post before and after dyno results, although at least 2 members said they would.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:07 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Not only are you blocking off all the NECESSARY holes in the TB, but it makes the ID smaller. Umm, file this in with the Tornado and move on.

josh
Old 10-27-2003, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

How will it idle without a idle bypass?
I thought it was needed to idle, otherwise there would be no air to help idle combustion.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why is everyone asking if it blocks off the EGR and AIR holes? They are clearly still there but smaller just like on the epoxied throttle bodies. Anyways, it looks like a good alternative to porting/polishing/epoxying the throttle body if you can deal with the smaller hp gains. Like Bret said the actuall opening will still be smaller than a true ported/polished and epoxied throttle body, but I'm guessing there will still be gains since it will smooth out the flow. I'd still get the ported/polished/epoxied TB's since they are still the best flowing, and if your gonna do it, you might as well do it right the first time.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

id just like to say i installed this part on my car and felt nothing.BUT i still think its good for a few HP based on it smoothing out airflow.i didnt dyno it so i cant say it helped but it didnt hurt.last time i ran my car i ran a new best and this part was all i added.im not saying thats the reason im just saying it didnt hurt.

i do think its overpriced and i know most of you hardcore guys wont bother with it and say its a waste.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Damian
but it makes the ID smaller.
josh
This would increase your velocity (good thing) in theory but I'm pretty sure it's not enough to be as beneficial as we'd hope it would be
Old 10-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

I don't think that increased velocity in the intake is more important than increased flow. This part restricts flow, therefore not allowing you to make more power. If you want more velocity through a hole, you make a hole smaller.

Bret and Jantzer and all the other sponsors port the throttle bodies to get rid of the lip in front of the blade. By doing this, they allow more air flow and therefore make more power.

This company is tricking everyone into thinking that more velocity equals more power. Not necessarily true.

Oh and no you don't want to block off the IAC and the PCV holes. When I ported my own TB and those holes were too small, it wouldn't idle very well. There's a reason they are there.

Bret can't say this, but I sure as hell can. This mod is bullshit. Pure bullshit.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

LOL BigBlackZ28. I think that anyone with an unbiased opinion can go both ways on this product with the statements made. Wait for it to be dyno'd and then well see, thats the only way.
Ed
Old 10-27-2003, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I guess we'll have to wait to see the dyno graph...
Old 10-28-2003, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Man.. whole lot of dyno racing going on in here.

Dude, Take a deep breath. Obviously SStrokerAce was responding to unit213 question.

Someone asked him his opinion and he gave it. He in no way directly commented to your post.

already told him sorry b4 you posted that
Old 10-28-2003, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

All the HP claims for this part sort of remind me of SLP HP claims...

Nice parts, but definitely NOT what they claim. I think I will wait on REAL dyno proof before I drop any money off...
Old 10-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Banned

In the case of velocity vs flow anything before the intake manfold runner on a EFI car wants more flow.

The motor is a air pump, if it creates more velocity by pulling more air it has a restriction. Cylinder heads make more TQ with more velocity to a point, one reason why the AFR's should be good to see. If the velocity was such a big thing then why don't they make these do-hickies for the MAF and the stock air box. No need to get a lid and port the MAF or put a bigger MAF on there. They could sell a whole kit from the lid to the MAF and TB and own the market cause they would be so much cheaper.

As far as engine building goes this thing just doesn't make sense. Take a stock TB, put it on a flow bench, drop this in it, then take a ported one. Whichever one flows the most is going to help the most at the track and on the dyno. (everything still being right with the electronics)

Even a ported TB is not a hard core mod, i'll admit that. For these guys to say it makes 13hp more or write some extremely bad techinical information on it to me seems to be tring to pull the wool over someones eyes to get their $50. True you can't look at what I read and say I don't have a side a I favor, I'm just saying I wouldn't feel good about myself if I was selling this product after I make those claims.

It might work, I don't see much of the point to it because you can get a ported TB and actually see gains at the track. (1-2mph gain) It's really the difference between doing it right and doing it because it can't hurt.

BTW anyone notice the post counter on this one! How do we get 2K+ views of a post about this stuff. I don't think I've ever had a TB post get that kind of response.

Bret
Old 10-28-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

"Take a stock TB, put it on a flow bench, drop this in it, then take a ported one. Whichever one flows the most is going to help the most at the track and on the dyno. (everything still being right with the electronics)"

Very true...and I can promise you folks the ported TB is going to be the victor.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do have to vouch for truth.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

any results?
-Steve
Old 10-29-2003, 03:45 AM
11 Second Club

well tbyrne it appears there is a huge amount of cuiousity about this mod...
i think it warrents some testing....
if the results good...then i am positive you will sell ALOT
if not then your no worse off
Old 10-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce

BTW anyone notice the post counter on this one! How do we get 2K+ views of a post about this stuff. I don't think I've ever had a TB post get that kind of response.
That's because we are tired of the same old mods. We like to see new stuff. Just not bullshit like this one.

I think the title should be changed to: WARNING BULLSHIT MOD INSIDE

Quick Reply: New product - VR Velocity stack