Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do PPC headers match up to cooks or thunders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how do PPC headers match up to cooks or thunders?

i have a 01 w/heads,cam,boltons.i have macs w/offroads and want to switch to a better header for more POWER and sound. i need help choosing between cooks,thunderracing and ppc headers. what one for more POWER,sound and will not scrape the ground????? my car is not lowered. THANKS,mike c.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: how do PPC headers match up to cooks or thunders?

Mike.......

Although, I'm obviously speaking from one side......

Please let me give you some input on the PPC units.

The headers give EXCELLENT ground clearance. The driver side of the y-pipe will be the lowest part of the system, due to the uni-body reinforcement under the driver's seat floor. The Y-pipe must go below this area and leave enough clearance so that the pipe does not smack the floor when the engine torques over. On a non-lowered car, you have planty of clearance at this point.

The PPC units have all of the emissions fittings so you don't have to eliminate the AIR fittings (unless you want to ... then you would use the race versions).

EVERYTHING including the y-pipe is ceramic coated.

The pricing includes ALL required parts to do the install. You don't have to buy any other parts to finish the install.

The Thunders and the PPC units will make the same power, I'm not sure about the Kooks in comparison. The Thunder units do not have the emissions fittings. The PPC & Thunder units will be the easiest to install.

What area of Michigan are you in? I have a customer in Holland, if you are anywhere near there.

Good luck with your decision!

Gordon
www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Old 09-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

The only thing Gordon has ever given me was...
1)His word 2) A great product. If you want the best, most complete kit out there go PPC. This was my first header install and it was very smooth in contrast to cheaper avenues that require some MacGuvyer type "adjustments," in order for the their stuff to work. If you want a well thought out "system," that when put together does exactly as adveritsed then look no futher.
And no, I was not paid or coerced into the previous statement.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

And no, I was not paid or coerced into the previous statement.

Doc......

<font color="red">Do you take PayPal...?? <!--color--></font>

Thanks for the kind words.....
Old 09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks. i'm not near holland,i'm toward the flint area.i was told the mac headers are killing some power on a head and camed car and i should go with thunder or something in that area of a good header.would the ppc header make more power then macs?i also would like to kill the rasp sound of macs. thanks,
Old 09-09-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

The PPC long tubes should make more power than the mid-tube Macs. I don't, however, have dyno comparisons.

I really wish I could hear some of the cars that are complained of as being "raspy" ..... I don't hear anything that I'd call that.

Maybe on decelleration.....maybe.... depends on the exhaust too.

Gordon
www.provenperformanceconcepts.com