Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what would you do?

i need some helpful responses from you guys.im starting to agree with a recent thread ive read about enjoying the power now until you can afford the swap and build later.after spending the money on a build whats another grand or 2 after reselling ls1 products right??

well my question my goal is to achieve in the 500rwhp/tq. the only way with a ls1 to a achieve that is in a radical nonstreetable way. i want an ls3/l92 427 down the road but i don't want to spend money on performance parts that not gonna swap over. if i go with an ls2 stroker will most parts change over from an ls1? i don't want that 90lb iron 408 so don't bring it up. correct me if im wrong but things like the fast 92/92 an other bolt ons are fine if i go with an ls2?btw whats the farthest you can stroke a ls2 i havent searched it yet.this will be an n/a only car an c tracks for fun not trophies wkend toy.should i hold off for 3 yrs for the ls3 build or slightly mod the ls1 and then swap over to an ls2 down the road? currently doing suspension and drivetrain then im ready for the power.im curious to c what you guys would probably do
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the bolt ons will be compatable with the LS2 including the intake(as long as you stay with cathedral ports on the heads). Stuff like heads and cam will swap over, but whats optimum for the small displacement will not be for the larger displacement. Three years is a long time from now. You are a lot more patient than me!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

i know what your saying about the heads and cam. i plan on going with tfs for heads and a vengeance cam thats one of the reasons why i am asking this question.maybe if i go with the 5.2 patriot heads and resell them down the road and take a few hundred dollar hit im fine with that; and resell the cam;if i spend $2000 on those an resell them for $1200 an get 2yrs out of them before the bigger displace im content with that.i am very patient;good things come for those who wait.i still want some decent power to play with with out taking a huge hit on reselling things for the swap u know what i mean? does any one have a list of bolt ons that could swap over?i would like to run around with at least over 400rwhp and close to torque before i get the real setup
can you guys add to these seperate lists what u guys would do.this could be fun for all of us especially for those who are in the same situation as me.
swap
fast 92/92
1 7/8 primaries(headers)
lid?(will it fit ls2)
maf(will it fit ls2)

resell
patriot heads
comp cam

or should i say screw it and run around with stock hp with built suspension an drivetrain for about 3 yrs an do a ls3 block with close to 600rwhp an almost torque?i don't think i can last that long though lol
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

48 views an no help.come on throw in your .02
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not trying to be negative when I say this, but you sound caught up in the buzz. The internet and magazines have you wanting a huge motor with the latest and greatest and have you willing to wait 3 years for it. What will happen in 3 years? Will you have the car? who knows Will the l92 square bore heads still be the latest and greatest? who knows Point is enjoy what you have now. Stop crunching numbers about buying stuff to hold you over for what you think you want now. Optimize your setup and buy what you realistically can and enjoy. Seems like you'll spend money and time by buying something cheap now trying to sell later and spend big money later on. Forget the numbers max out your potential on the ls1. They are good motors after all. How much of a budget do you have now and how much will you have waiting 3 years. Good idea on upgrading the drivetrain and suspension. Thats because no matter what #s you put down you need to get the most out of it.