Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

multiple ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default multiple ?

I was planing on doing a H/C swap along with replacing my trans, and tc. would it be easier to remove the entire drivetrain to do it or just do it with the short block left in the car.

Also my motor has 135k on the clock, should i replace bearings, timing chain, lifters, oil pump....etc?

the engine runs fine now just didnt want to put 2k in the engine just to throw a rod.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

i think for this amount it would be better to drop the motor and tranny out of the bottom and do all the work outside the car. i don't think i would worry about bearings but timing chain, lifters, oil pump, basically any wearable bolt in item i would replace. if your motor has good oil pressure now i would think your bearings tolerances are prolly fine. im sure these motors can go well in to the 200 Ks.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i think for this amount it would be better to drop the motor and tranny out of the bottom and do all the work outside the car. i don't think i would worry about bearings but timing chain, lifters, oil pump, basically any wearable bolt in item i would replace. if your motor has good oil pressure now i would think your bearings tolerances are prolly fine. im sure these motors can go well in to the 200 Ks.
Oil pressure is good but not great, its lower then my brothers 02 ss 35k, and both my 5.3l trucks.

I think your right about the removal it would make life easier doing the swap.
i could also remove some unwanted weight while iam at it.