Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help layout my build!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help layout my build!!!!

Well I have been back and forth on what to do and I have decided on a RWHP range I would like to hit. 450-500RWHP. The fun part about building cars is that after the goal is set and realizing what you want out of the car...you get to try and decide how you want to get there. For me...I wanted to go NA for now...no boost...no NOS. Just Me and the motor.

I have looked at several options and it really seems that there is countless ways to make this amount of power to the wheels. Some involve pushing the stock motor to the limit with nice Heads and a massive cam, some use a turbo kit, and some just say screw it and spray. But I want a long lasting build with some nice solid TQ and streetability!

I think I have limited it down to maybe a stroker kit to get some more cubes. Seems this way makes it easier to reach this power level I am after without having to rely on everything working at top speed all the time! I could go with a med size cam and a not so expensive set of Heads. Top it off with some injectors and a Fast setup and I think I could get there pretty easy and have a solid long lasting setup. BUT i love to learn and be informed!

I am looking for good combo's here. Give me some lists of cam, heads, injector size, specific stroker kits, and intakes that could get me to my goal and not be pushing the life of my motor as well as a fun daily with a track additude! Thanks guys. Here is my ideas....

383 Stroker kit-(not sure on brand)
MS4 style cam-(something with comparable specs)
Well worked LS6 heads-(maybe not a stock set but possibly a CNC'ed set)
injectors-(not sure what size)
Intake-Fast 90/90-(speaks for itself)
Pushrods-(need lenght ideas...7.4's?)
Rodbots-(cheap insurance...unsure of how far id like to spin to RPM wise)

These are the basics....feel free to add to the list...make suggestions...shout out some brands...ideas for the heads..milling or no milling, injector size...RPM ideas ect. Thanks guys!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

383 would be fun

Did Ben make just a hair under 450 to the wheels with his SI5 Cam and some PRC Stage 2.5s?

Im sure you dont want to copy what he had but that should give you a decent idea of what it takes to get you to the power numbers you want.

Im kind of going about my build a different way, I have a certain time I want to run all motor and dont really care about the HP number per say.