Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no spark.....need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry no spark.....need help

i recently had the motor pulled out of my 02 ws6, I had the shop put the block back in so i could finish everything else. The problem is the coil packs arent giving off any spark so obviously the motor is starting. I pulled the intake manifold to check the connections behind it everything was secure and connected, the connector to the coil packs were fastened properly, the grounds on the back of the heads are connected...... I dont know what else to check. Any input will be helpful, oh also I bought ngk TR5 plugs to use for now are the to cold of plugs?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PCM uses the crank sensor for spark timing. It's located on the side of the block just above the starter, make sure it's there and plugged in.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea check that and replace it if you have too. Make sure all your ground wires ar hooked 3 on the back on the drivers head. one one drivers side of the block and one on the passenger block and I added one to my front pass. head to the frame. I had the same problem you did man. When I did all this then I found that my crank reluctor ring got bent while the machine shot had it and I didnt see it when I installed the motor,