Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with flashing SES light

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help with flashing SES light

Hey guys, little background info. Cars has mods in sig. In January I got some parts powder coated by Sean and he also ported my TB. I already put an ls6 intake on it and got no SES light. When I put my powder coated parts on, I also put on a new ls6 pcv system. I put the car back together and started it up. No problems, took it for a drive and came back and no problems. I cleaned up the garage and went to pull it in, car would not start. Ok, so I go into the engine bay, I forgot to plug the sensor that goes into the front side of the drivers side head. I plugged that in and made sure all the wires were on and the car started. I noticed my SES light came on. I go back to school and my parents started my car up a few days later no problems.

Fast forward to today, I come home after a month being at school. I start the car up and let it idle, seems to have no problems and is running fine. I get into pull it out of the garage and my SES light is flashing. I pop the hood check some things and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I open the TB a bit and it sounds fine. I go back inside and the light had stopped flashing but a few seconds later it starts again.

I know the light means either a misfire or bent valve train parts. Only problem is, I can not get the car out of the driveway because of snow. The only thing I can think of is, when I was taking the knock sensors out, the one closest to the back, the tabs broke. So I am wondering if the sensor backed out, but would that cause a flashing light?

Sorry for the long post.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

flashing ses light is 99% of the time bad plugs.

get it read at autozone and see what plug is missing and change the one or it could be a good time to change them all. before changing them make sure all the wires are on snug.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

So it could be something as simple as the wires being lose? Also, I did not mean to put this in the internal section, could a moderator please me it to the appropriate section.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, just went back out to the garage. Turns out the the sensor on the first injector on the passenger side was not plugged in all the way. Light is not blinking anymore. Could the light be on now because I have no tune and a ported tb, ls6 intake and lts?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you are catless and untuned, it will throw an SES light unless you got o2 sims when you did the longtubes.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, not cats. However, my SES was not on after cats. It comes on and off randomly. Thats why I never know whats going on until it was blinking today. One time I went to my mechanic to get it checked and it wasnt even throwing a code but the light was on.