Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leak!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 11:11 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Leak!!!!

Is it possible for head studs to leak oil? I have a oil leak coming from a unknown spot. Its coming from up high, leaking down under center of the back of the block. The mist gets on the clutch disc and slips, ruining the clutch. I'm pretty sure the valve covers are not leaking. 5000 miles on car. Around the top of each head stud there is oil. Also I'm getting oil on the threads of the apark plugs?? Is driving me nuts. HELP!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Oil Leak!!!!

My guess is your intake is leaking the substance the EPA requies GM to recycle. Your PCV oil. If the intake is tight the oil sender is back there.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:01 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, any other info? I'm so pissed I've already started to pull the engine! I can't stand leaks.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, cowboy! That's overkill for a top end oil leak unless you don't have anything better to do. I'd pull the intake and look for evidence of the leak. The rocker covers can leak too because the gaskets swell up and don't always fit into the groove in the cover when you reinstall them. If the "O" ring style gasket popped out as you were reinstlling the cover it may be pinched and causing your leak. Don't forget to check the sender. There are a lot of things to check BEFORE you pull the motor.