Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What head flows the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What head flows the best?

I've been reading all of the posts on the head that are currently available and those coming. One post talks about he TEA heads flowing 330 cfm, the PP heads, I'm not sure what they flow, but I've heard around 304, then theres AFR and MTI. Airflow means horsepower, therefore, we want the the highest flow possible, right? With the PP heads flow and producing the hp that I've seen so far, what do you guys think the the best flowing head for the bucks is to produce the most hp.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:53 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: What head flows the best?

me personally i wouldnt get caught up in the flow numbers and would rather just try and put together a nice H/C package. TSP, Absolute Speed, TEA, all seem tomake some great flowing heads and cam.

dont know the deal is still on but TSP has there H/C deal for 2300 shipped, you cant beat that
Old 10-12-2003, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep in mind that some heads are tested on different types of flowbenches so that may skew the numbers just as using a mustang vs. dynojet dyno. Also, highest flow possible does not always = best performance. You'll want to pick a set of heads that compliment the cam you'll be pairing it up with. I'd talk with a sponsor about this and go from there.

Just my .02 though
Old 10-12-2003, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya flow numbers vary a lot.

I have seen heads that were advertised over 315 flow under 290. Just do your research and get heads from a reputed place.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:10 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, one of these companies that claim high flow numbers uses a different type of bench than most others. And remember, it isn't all about PEAK flow numbers, look at the mid lift number and you have to take into consideration velocity also.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

I was going to get some heads, but decided to wait until I see what the AFR's are going to be like. Short of that I believe that Absolute Speed has the best flowing heads for the money, but the new LS6 style head (not a true LS6) that PP is offering looks to be a worthy contender. I believe they weld up the combustion chambers on 6.0 heads then mill them back. If the AFR's don't happen soon then I'll probably go Absolute (hand ported) or PP (CNC ported).
Old 10-12-2003, 01:35 PM
8 second mod

Give EastSide Performance a call>>>>>>>>>>>>>
They are making some great power with there H/C set ups.
Good luck eather way.