Sponsored by:

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 AM
WU8
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help!

My car was running just fine yesterday afternoon but I started the car last night to go out and I had an SES light. I Tried to put it in reverse and had to use both hands to get it over there. I thought maybe something was disconnected in on the tranny but everything is hooked up.

But i noticed when it is revved just a bit it is popping as the revs drop back down. And then even at idle its popping. I took it for a quick drive and I dont know if its me or not but it seems to be a little down on power. Any idea on what it could be?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Need some help!

an easy thing to check would be your spark plugs and wires. i don't know what else to say. someone with more than half a brain will chime in though i'm sure.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:37 AM
WU8
Teching In

I thought about that but I havent checked them yet because I don't see why that would make it very difficult to put it in reverse. Car has 31k miles and I put Taylor 10.4 mm wires and NGK's on at around 8k so I don't think its the wires.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

nkg's don't take very long at all to foul out. i know it dosn't make any sense why your car won't go into reverse. maybe your hydrolics need to be bleed. did it just get cold there recently? on my old 98 TA my tranny shifted fine and then when it got cold it wouldn't hardly go into reverse gear. i bled the hydrolics and the problem went away.

the spark plugs could be where the popping is coming from though. just throwing out ideas here. good luck with it
Old 10-21-2003, 12:21 PM
WU8
Teching In

As a matter of fact it did get cooler down here recently, not cold by any means but the night have cooled downed compared to prolly 85 like it was. I will definately check the NGK's. Maybe bot the things you metioned have happened, who knows. I am heading to the dealer now, I know someone there so I will find out what the code is.