Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 build needs your advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by killerinparadise
Thanks for the advice, so the stock valve covers can be made to work with the l92 heads? Or would it be easier to switch to a different style valve cover? Also what intake did you end up going with? I haven't looked to much into them. I'm thinking that the ls3 intake will be the best performing and easiest to swap and make fit under the hood but I'm not apposed to the GMPP Carb style intake.

the number for the passenger side valve cover changed, the new one they list for our cars will work. i have the ls6 valley cover so i cut both baffles out, capped both ports on the passenger valve cover, hollowed out a pcv valve and ran the fresh air line from the throttle body to the valve in the driver side valve cover. i went with the ls3 intake, you have to get an ls3 map sensor and pigtail, you then extend the wires from the original map to the front. all you have to do when wiring the new pigtail is swap the two outer wires. the middle wire stays the same.

Glad to hear that, were your 317's milled and ported? How about your L92's, did you get them cnc'd or are they stock milled?

317s were stock and the l92s were milled .030.
for the head gaskets you need to use the new ones 12610046, the ls2 head gaskets are too small for the l92s.

Quick Reply: LQ4 build needs your advice...