Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cam ?

I was wondering what kind of power I am going to see over my LS6 cam I have in there now. I am anxiously awaiting my MTI Stealth II cam I have ordered from a member here, I purchased it because I can run the stock verter with it. But I have searched and searched but I can not find much information on it besides being in a vette. I am not looking for a drag racer or a track car, I daily drive the car 60 miles a day and 55 are highway. Stall will be ordered in the next 6 months or so. Is there anyone that can give me some info on this cam and what I can expect from it? Cam specs are 224/220 .581/.581 116 LSA
and I have a set of 918's going in as well.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ls6 cam 20-22 rwhp
Stealth II 35-40
Big up grade bro.
And the stealth cam will sound the same way to .(as the ls6).
Old 04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx for the reply BLK, I guess I am second guessing myself since I am unable to find and info on the Damn thing.......
Old 04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default MTI Stealth II cam+Stage II LS6 heads makes 422.7 RWHP!
That was a pickup of 71.6 RWHP at the peaks and alot more than that in other places (after the stock cam's peak.) Not bad for an A4 car with a cam that prompted me to accuse them of reinstalling the stock cam in my car when I first heard it (we left the idle where I had it with the stock cam at 675 RPM.) That 116 LSA really did it's job at making the cam truly stealthy. Everyone in the shop was laughing at how stock it sounds. Now I knew that it would be fairly close to stock sounding but I had no idea just how close it would be. I couldn't believe my ears.

For those of you who may think that a 116 LSA cam can't make TQ, this cam absolutely KILLED the stock cam all the way across the chart. It made 395 ft-lbs of TQ with a locked converter. The stock TQ was 360.

And here's the kicker...I got BETTER MPG than with the stock engine! I measured 325 miles out of 15.5 gallons of fuel on the way to MTI. When I left with the new package I measured 340 miles out of 15.1 gallons. I would have been very happy to have made 300 miles to a tank. I certainly wasn't expecting to PICK UP gas mileage!

Here are some more details.

The car has the standard bolt-ons including QTP 1 3/4" headers. No bolt-ons were added with the heads/cam package.

The 422 RWHP was made through the QTP cuttout. With the cuttout closed and running through the stock exhaust it made 395.5 RWHP. The stock muffler is REALLY restrictive at this power level and the reverse split seems to really like the cuttout.

No timing or fuel/air changes were made.

It had TR-6 plugs before and after.

Peak HP was at 5950 and it held within a just few HP for AT LEAST 550 RPM (to the end of the chart.) Nice and flat across the top. Lot's of usable power.

All runs were made with ALL original accessories intact. NO short belt. NO electric water pump. The air filter WAS in place. The converter was locked. The stock rockers and lifters were re-used.

Cam specs are 224/220 .581/.581 116 LSA

Here are a couple of dyno sheets. In this first chart we see how much power the stock muffler cost. Capped v/s uncapped. This chart also shows us how well the SS2 cam holds it's power after peak. It just keeps going and going and going...

This chart compared the SS2 cam to the stock cam...

This chart stops at 6000 RPM for some reason. I'll see if Jayson has one that goes higher...

Here's what I've found on that cam.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

This was a copy and paste from dynometer and results.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

I would go with the steathII personally. Its a great cam and idles stock.