Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No oil pressure!! Oil flow schematic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^I'm assuming the gasket ripped upon removal and said "*** clown" didn't realize that part was still stuck to the block and/or pan?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

That gasket looks like its missing a bolt hole altogether above the troubled area.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 547 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
Figured out what was wrong. The one on the right is what was in the car. The one on the left is an extra i had laying around.
I’m having the same problem. I know this is an old thread. Hopefully you see this and can repost the pic that went away.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
I’m having the same problem. I know this is an old thread. Hopefully you see this and can repost the pic that went away.
check your own thread, I posted it.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
Ok, long story short, a guy traded motors and had it dissasembled/cleaned. He then put it back together with new bearings. Motor has no oil pressure. Brings it to me, i figure out he reused the oil pick up o ring and put a new one on. No dice. So i pull the filter and it shoots oil out, so oil is definatly getting that far.
It's not a bad oil pressure sensor, the sensor is bone dry.
So where does the oil go to after the filter? Anyone have a detailed schematic? I'm hoping there is an oil plug somewhere that got left out, cause i don't feel like pullin this motor out.
So far i have verified that the front oil plug (drivers side next to pump) is there and so is the oil diverter (barbell looking plug) is there too.
Any ideas?
I have to be wrong with what I'm about to say, because don't know how alot of people are having the same problem and no one has said what I think the problem is.
So I apologize to everyone if my answer is not close and I'm way off target, but here goes nothing.
I had the same problem with oil not getting to the top of the motor, until I looked closely at the oil diagram for a 5.3 gen 3 vortec, the two ports above the oil filter, are there for a engine oil cooler, and on a 5.3 L Gen 3 motor, the two ports can not be blocked off, one of the two ports sends oil to the top of the motor, so it needs a bypass adapter, not a blocking plate, if the plate is installed. Oil cannot be sent to the top of the engine.

Quick Reply: No oil pressure!! Oil flow schematic?