Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Performance?

Old 11-10-2003, 06:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question More Performance?

Interested in getting More to do some motor work, and was wondering what kind of reputation they have on here. As we have all learned, if it doesn't fly on LS1tech, it's not gonna fly in the real world~! can some guys chime in on their motor building skills, reputation, power output, reliability, etc.

Thanks!
Tim
Old 11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do know that they gave me a good deal on my clutch and were very sociable people, doesn't say much about their engine building abilities though. I hear they do reputable work, though I don't have any concrete evidence for ya. They were a little less than helpful before when I emailed them about smaller things (gaskets, bolts, etc.) but after talking to Amber/Joe, etc. I've decided I'd bring my car to them for work. I'll wait for those with actual qualifications to chime in...

Mike
Old 11-10-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have heard pretty good things about them as well. However if you are going to travel to NC to have work done I would recommend checking out these guys as well: http://www.diversifiedperformance.com/
I have heard great things about them to. I think they used to have one of the fastest N/A LS1's in the country.Oh also check out carolinaautomasters.com.
Jeff seems to know his stuff. He dynotuned my car for me and picked up anywhere from 12-20hp under the curve.

Last edited by JDPZ28; 11-10-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

thanks guys,
TTT
Old 11-10-2003, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I mite check diversified out how far is Apex from here does anyone know. Im thinking I need a cam.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Diversified is only about 10 minutes from any general area in Apex. I live in cary/morrisville, right next door. If you're in the area, drop me a PM and i'll give you my cell, we can hang out for a bit. Jeff at automasters is where my car will be going for tuning as he has worked wonders for quite a few local cars. He's a good guy. Diversified offered decent rates last I talked to them, though they weren't the friendliest people in the world. Again, no experience to base any types of beliefs on.

Mike

PS: they're also a mustang place, though that's under change right now, so don't think they do just ls1s exclusively...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Jeff C. at Carolina Auto Masters has an excellent rep on his dyno tuning. I know him and I would take my car to him for a dyno tune.

MORE - I've bought stuff from them several times always had a good experience when dealing with Mike. I think Joe would be excellent to work with. SRP did my heads and cam install and were outstanding in all respects. I'm going back to SRP again for help with my LS1/A4 swap...ie repeat customer. I can't comment from first hand experience on MORE motor work.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SeeinRed,
I think I've seen you around the area. You have a red WS6 right? I think I've seen you around Cary, like on cary parkway near 54?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:19 AM
9 Second Club

no offense and all, but i would really like to have some, any, response about More Perf. before we dump in a huge amount of money on a bottom end. if those who have any opinons about them don't wanna post to the general public, PLEASE PM me, and let me know your thoughts.

Tim
Old 11-11-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they put together a friend of mines 383 ls1 stroker and this past weekend at darlington, sc he went 10.59 @ 129 at only 7 #'s of boost.

he also has a lt1 car that traps 108 in the 1/8 with no tuning that more built.

they are a little high but they do good work.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been to More Performance and talked to a couple of people there. I went to the back shop where they do all their work and they had a couple of LS1's sitting on stands stripped down. I have heard good things about them from a couple of people I talked to in that area as well. I think your money would be well invested there.

SeeinRed: I'm in Asheville and need a dyno tune bad and haven't heard of any good reputable tuners until now. How much does Carolina automaster charge for a dyno tune? I might be coming up that way soon. Thanx

-Sly
Old 11-11-2003, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Sly; I'm not necesarrily positive on this, but I'm pretty sure that Jeff will do a dyno tune for basic bolt ons and the likes to get some more power/safety in the car for around 300. If you're talking heads/cam/power adder type tuning, I think his full on number is somewhere near 650. He's a good man though, and he'll make sure your combo works the way it should. He's not happy until you are. I'd definitely suggest him.

Mike
Old 11-11-2003, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool thanx for the info SeeinRed, I'll check them out.

-Sly
Old 11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

yea, was that 383 a pewter ta? Paul. man that car is sick, we were the guys in the black Z06 on street tires trapping 123~! ouch.....anyways, yea that car is incredible...tell him we said congrats on pulling the wheels for the first time, and my friend with the black SS with side exhaust and black wheels has the video of him pulling the wheels......man hals rule!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to sound selfish here but I do think that we do great work. We have great employees who are very knowledgeable in the business. We have several 427CI projects going now and you are welcome to call and talk to any of us in the shop. We will try and answer any of your questions and can also send pictures of some of the engines we recently accomplished. We are also starting a new Viper project that came in today. Should be alot of fun. Let us at More know if we can help.

Thanks,

LS1Joe
Old 11-12-2003, 08:02 PM
9 Second Club

Joe, nice to meet you finally. George Fusner has told me so much about you. how did that 03' zo6 w/ the 427 turn out. George(black 97ss w/ 383) sent me some photos of his as well as the other silver c5 w/ the 427 today. i've heard alot about you, but many people don't know about who you are, and the quality of tuner more has now. Whay don't you say a little about yourseld, qualification, etc........i know i was a little impressed to say the least when bob and george were telling me about you.

BTW-figured anything out about why george's car was acting up that night? it seemed to be fine later on.....just worried us for a minute there(haha, probably wouldn't have happened if he hadn't hit the rev limiter!!)

Anyways,
Tim
Old 11-12-2003, 08:13 PM

More has some pretty fast cars in our area. One bing an Impalla.. It move out! Another was a LT4 Firebird. They know thier stuff
Old 11-13-2003, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
yea, was that 383 a pewter ta? Paul. man that car is sick, we were the guys in the black Z06 on street tires trapping 123~! ouch.....anyways, yea that car is incredible...tell him we said congrats on pulling the wheels for the first time, and my friend with the black SS with side exhaust and black wheels has the video of him pulling the wheels......man hals rule!!!!!
yeah thats the one. i thought you guys were local. i see your from TN. anyway you can email me that video or something so we can watch it.

that z06 is badass. thing sounds awesome and flies to!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:51 AM
9 Second Club

no, we took a little bit of a road trip in order to meet the guys at MORE, and to get to see y good buddy, the guy in the black 97 ss,.....anyways, he burnt a cd w/ all our video clips on there. hopefully i can find some way of hosting them when i get them here next week......
Old 11-13-2003, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have worked for Lingenfelter, Hennessey, MTI and Racing Solutions Inc. I do not know about impressive but I do enjoy my work. Let us know what services we can help you with and we are currently looking over Fusners car. The 427 in the Z06 turned out great. Still needs some tuning but the brakes are being worked out right now. Anyone that has questions can email me at ls1joe@moreperformanceinc.com.

Thanks,

Joe

Search this Thread