Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 Code (Misfire at low RPM range) Need LS1Tech Diagnostics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0300 Code (Misfire at low RPM range) Need LS1Tech Diagnostics.

I appreciate it if anyone has any extended information that I could look into about this problem. The scenario, I

am leaving Taco Bell coming home about 2 miles from home. I am at a redlight just starting to go through the gears

and it sound and feels like it lost 2-3 cylinders. I then press the gas about 30-40% and it clears up but when I

give it gas at low RPM and low Throttle Position it is misfiring pretty badly. It will easily go away when you

press the accellerator harder and it will run smooth as glass but it is like the coil packs quit firing. I hooked

AutoTap up and read the P0300 Codes. I then set it to log Misfires on all 8 cylinders and noticed it would go from

1,3,5,7 in a certain order that I cannot remember now but it was that set of cylinders the misfire was detected. I

started this diagnostics @ 1:30 A.M. this morning as I was @ Taco Bell at around 1:00 A.M. picking something up to

eat. I am going tonight and do some more diagnostics on reading some of the Sensor settings when it is misfiring.

I thought it might be a plug wire as it clears up when you mash on the gas but AutoTap is saying that like a whole

side or something 1,3,5,7 is misfiring when the happens. I have done preliminary searches and have read things

like this error could be related to Vacuum pressure, Fuel Pressure, (Fuel Pressure Regulator), Injectors, etc.

Nothing seems to be a definite clue in. All that is done mechanically to the car is long tube headers and a Lid

with stock FRAM filter. This all happened months after all this work is done. I was just going to read the sensors

tonight and see where they are showing to see if I can visually see what is going on but if anyone might have any

ideas I would be greatly appreciative as I assume I will have to take it to the Dealer tommorow if I can't figure

it out tonight, as I don't have alot of diagnostic tools other than Autotap and basic hand tools. I did have to

loosten the coil packs on the passenger side when I installed the headers but I don't know what (cylinder numbers)

each side is so I don't know if I might have pinched a wire and it is causing problems now. I figure checking the

TPS sensor for correct reading could be something as it goes away when it goes past a certain point, But that

doesn't explain why only certain cylinders are misfiring.

Quick Reply: P0300 Code (Misfire at low RPM range) Need LS1Tech Diagnostics.