Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To rebuild or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To rebuild or not

Ok guys I need some advice. My car has high mileage in my mind 150,000. In the future I'm going to repaint my car. Well I want to do it right so I'm going to take the engine out and paint the bay. Well I figured while I have the engine out why not rebuild it. What would you do? I'd like to put some bolt ons it and get some more juice out of it. I'm not looking to make it the fastest thing ever. I just want something that won't get stomped on on the street. Do you think I should just go a head with the rebuild while its out and add the bolt ons or should I just add the bolt ons and leave well enough alone. It runs excellent now. Well sometimes when its cold I can hear a little chatter until the oil flows but thats it. I just don't want to mess up a good thing but the miles scare me. I was going to do the same with the Tranny. I plan on keeping the car a long time.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you already have the motor out, I would do it. The motor should run fine for a good while longer as a normal driver but because you want to add power and will likely use that added power, I would rebuild it. 150,000 miles is pretty high
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on how much a rebuild cost.