Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!!!!!!!

i need some help on picking out a camshaft? im a little mechanically ignorant when it comes to the internals! so i really dont know what to get. do i have to shed out the extra $$$$$$$$$ for a good set of heads too or can the heads wait and i just stick with the cam for now????? its pretty much just a weekend warrior but i dont what to sacrifice driveability. if any body can help me out i would be very thankful!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No you don't have to have heads first. You will see a lot of oppinions on cams, but I say go with the TR224 114 like I have if you must pass emissions testing, otherwise go with the TR230, X1 or similar cam. There are a lot of other factors though that might affect your decision; I recomend you read every post on here for a month then make your decision based on what you learn. Also, it works well to search on a specific cam that you my be considering.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:42 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we get like 3 of these threads a week. like Cal said, do ALOT of reading and really try and grasp a few concepts and learn what the specs and numbers and lingo mean. we can tell you what to buy and whats best but ultimately its gonna go in your car and your the one who's gonna have to deal with.

heres a couple of quick over views to get you started.

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=basic+cam

just a tip with anything; research first then post. chances are you'll find what you are looking for and 9 times out of 10 the advice given is still good.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks For The Info!!!!!!!!