Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! one cylinder keeps flooding

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! one cylinder keeps flooding

ok i have a 70 pontiac lemans with a ls1 from a 00 T/A, and the no. 2 cylinder keeps flooding to the point that its blowing fuel out the exhaust. ive checked the compression, changed coils, plugs, plug wires, injectors and its doesnt make a difference. a little while ago i the motor sucked in a plastic plug that i had blocking the egr but i pulled the intake and its not stuck in there so im guessing that it blew it through so i dont know if that could be related to the problem. any help would be great, im out of ideas
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it firing at all?

Take a spray bottle of water and set it to 'stream' and spray that header tube with the car running. If it burns off pretty quick its firing, if it doesnt then its probably not firing and the problem is wiring/computer related.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it might be hurt
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, the header pipe coming off that cylinder is alot cooler than the others, you can almost touch it, but when i have the plug out of the cylinder it sparks fine. so if it is computer related, i have hp tuners so can i fix it with that?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Flooding" meaning the injector is leaking(pintle not seating fully home)? Did you determine this by finding the plug soaked with fuel? What do your fuel trims look like on that bank? Is the ECM pulling fuel to try and compensate for a RICH condition? From the way you describe this it sounds like the injector is bleeding fuel when it is not commanded open. If you're dumping raw fuel you should be getting P0302 DTC. Is your SES illuminated? Have your read your DTCs?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probe each of that injector connector's two pins to ground, with the ignition key off. Neither should show any continuity to ground under normal conditions.

Report back with your findings.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! one cylinder keeps flooding