Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do when i pull the engine? need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do when i pull the engine? need advice

ok well i have a 2000 TA its got 90K on the motor i got a set of heads i want to put on with a cam not sure what kind yet but here is my dilemma since im going to put heads on, headers, motor mounts, oil pan gasket, oil pump and all the othe goodies i decided just to pull the whole from subframe and then pull the motor do the heads cam and all gaskets but here is where i dont know what to do im on a really tight budget and i know LS1 live a while if they are taken car of so will it be ok just to do the heads cam and gaskets and leave the rods and mains as they are.

i know eventually ill have to do it again when the bottom end goes but that dosnt really bother me i have done a couple of these and i have a LQ4 sitting in the garage getting ready to be built so yall think ill be fine with leaving the bottom end alone as it has 90K on it ?

thanks matt
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anybody
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

If your planning on putting in a LQ4 eventually, right? Why dont you just save the money/time and build that motor. If your not ready yet for that for budget reasons, just do the heads and cam............
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the above. If your plan is to build the LQ4 and you're cash-strapped, then leave well-enough alone with the current motor. Build the LQ4 and then install. Why build two motors?

Also, you don't need to pull the motor to do heads and cam.