Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

people need some help in my engine !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people need some help in my engine !!

hello am new here guys ,, i would like to modify my engine i want it to reach till 430+ rwhp what shall i do ?!

i have a 2007 GMC Sierra 5.3L (LM7) i think, engine V8 with Dynatch long tubes headers and a borla muffler , K&N Filter , and an HP Tunning

i want Somthing in the Engine Like a stroker !! Cams !! Pistons ! Cranckshaft !! i need an Advise people ! what to make with my engine !
will my transmission handle all this power !! or it should be changed !? or a tourqe converter or HD clutches would be enough !? Diffrential !! should be changed too ?!

thnx in advance =)
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

im a big fan on texas speed there 5.3 heads are amazing and u can get a 224 cam or even 228 cam which will still have good daily drivabilty torque converter would be a good idea (yank3500) exhaust idea is a good one with a ls6 intake u should be able to make good power.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

430whp horsepower will take some work, 430 flywheel not so much, which are we talking? for the flywheel hp, go full exhaust, air intake, cam, heads and intake manifold, that should do it, if you want to put all that to the ground in your truck, although it could be done with a stock bottom end 5.3, i think you would need some major internal mods, if your gonna do that u should just talk to an engine builder, they will either A, machine your block out and replace your internals to match, or B, advise you to just buy a crate motor, go to texas speed and look at some of their engines, if u got cash buy one of those and throw it in, that 5.3 im guessing would have to be built to **** to hit 430whp with a stock bottom end, big cam(effects drivability)>>>implies big stall(effects drivability)....big gear>>>effects drivability.....throw in a 402, you will make even more power, and have better drivability.