Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help can't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help can't start

I am new to this forum so first I would like to say hi. I own a 1998 camaro ss. I started having a problem with the car about a month ago. The idle was all over the place and it seemed to be misfiring. So I replaced the sparkplugs with the new E3 plugs but no change. I replaced a coil pack that looked damaged, still no change. The battery is a new red top optima, I have like new msd wires. The car will go from 800 rpms to 1100 while sitting at a light. While keepeing a steady speed the car kinda goes in and out but never more than a second and some times when I come to a stop the idle will stay around 1500 rpms till I depress the brake all the way and release it quickly. It also threw this code P1133 (manufacturer control fuel air metering, I bought a new idle air control valve today but it doesn't come till thursday. Currently the car is stuck in the driveway because it won't start now, it cranks and you can hear the fuel pump when you turn the key to the on position and you can smell the gas after cranking the car over. But it won't fire. I am stressing and already way over budget, PLEASE ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED. Any info I should add let me know I tried to give as much as I could.