Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opions from yall

Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some opions from yall

The car a basic cam mti x1 cam,and had nitrous on top of that. Well awhile back i raced my buddy and sprayed the car on the big end for a while. The car suddlendy started running rough. I changed the oil and plugs. had a leak down and compression test done. The car had 210 on all cyclinders besides #7 it had 180.But that cylinder failed the leak down test.The car runs hard still. Car smokes when i do a fresh oil change then once the car warms up the smoking goes away. Also when i change the plugs the #7 plug is covered in pure oil .Car also smokes pretty bad when i get on it its pure black. And when driving the car around it just smells burnt. My qusetion is what do you think broke ring land. Or burnt up valve stem seals. You think ill be able to put new valve stem seals and it will be ok? Let me know what yall think any info will help. I just dont wana put some heads on the car for it no to solve the problem.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say is #7 is USUALLY the one that runs leanest and gives up first....Your prob doesn't seem catastrophic like many but I would bet those rings have seen better days.... Leakdowns don't lie....

Search this Thread