Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reusing stock locks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reusing stock locks...

Pretty sure this is a no brainer, but how many reuse their stock locks, Got a buddy thats really worried about it, but im told its perfectly fine...majority rules
Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We use stock locks on EVERY PRC springkit and have not had a single issue with a lock failure! Tell him to run them!

Thanks!
Jon
Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Launching!

This is what happened to my retainers when a shop reused stock locks and not the locks that were supplied to them. These are aftermarket retainers and springs though.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Jon, thats what Matt said also, Its accually for my car, and is the PRC .675 kit...stocks it is Fatbum...read about your situation in another thread...really sucks, I went through something like that too....paid for a new clutch and they put a used clutch in, Used another shop for replaced the transmition when it was shattered due to a 10 bolt locking up, they found it and thus began that **** storm...really just makes you sick of people
Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
Thanks Jon, thats what Matt said also, Its accually for my car, and is the PRC .675 kit...stocks it is Fatbum...read about your situation in another thread...really sucks, I went through something like that too....paid for a new clutch and they put a used clutch in, Used another shop for replaced the transmition when it was shattered due to a 10 bolt locking up, they found it and thus began that **** storm...really just makes you sick of people
There is a local evo "tuner" who was supposed to put in a brand new stroker kit for this other evo guy, and instead bought used parts and sold off the new stuff.

People are shitty.

I know certain locks won't work for certain retainers, that's about it