Sponsored by:

H/C needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009 | 02:53 AM
Teching In

Default H/C needs help

at first
I have camaro ss 00 m6 with full bolt ones

before two days I heared some sound from the left head (tk tk tk ) and I took the car for checking and they found some crack in the p-rod hole

and I decide to buy H/C and my target 470 + nos hope fully 550hp

but I want the car for daily use and I don't like the high shaking specialy in crowded roads and taking a car monthly for tighting bolts

and I thinking to buy H/C bakages and intake 92,92 tb and injecters

http://texas-speed.com/shop/category...MID=1&catid=47

I'm interseting about Tusnami cam is a good to get my gool (you have any suggestions? )

but I confused between two heads

2.5 5.3L Head or Stg 2.5 LS6 Head is better

????

I need your advice

Last edited by CAMARO SS 2000; 11-11-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2009 | 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

What is currently done to the car? 470 RWHP is a pretty big number for a car you are wanting to daily drive and not have any driveability issues. Regardless of what anyone on here tells you, that kind of number takes an aggressive cam, good heads, a decent amount of compression, (over 11;1) and all the supporting mods. This cam is an aggressive cam and will more than likely be more aggressive than what you are wanting by the sound of your post. The car will shake at idle more than the stock cam does and will probably require more maintenance with a setup of this kind.

On head selection, if you have the budget, I would recommend going with the 2.5 LS6 heads. They will move more air and make more power than the 5.3L heads. Not saying that the 5.3L heads are bad at all. But if you are really pushing for that kind of number, you need the best your budget will allow. If you go with the 92/92 combo, UD pulley, good catback exhaust, I think you can see 450+ RWHP. I have seen the same combo go 475 HP to the ground and drive really well IMO. It just depends what you kind of driveability you want. Let me know what you think and we'll get you fixed up on a combo to get you where you want to be!

Jon
Old 11-11-2009 | 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

You want 450rwhp but dont want the shaking that comes with a camshaft designed to make that power?

I think you need to buy a low compression shortblock for a blower/turbo and go that route. Or go buy an LS7 and stick a mild cam in it.
Old 11-11-2009 | 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Take a look at the PRC 215 heads. You can put a nice 215 head combo with a pretty small camshaft & go into the 450rwhp with the bolt ons. You can get into the 500rwhp range if your running a aggressive camshaft combo!

The good news is both setups are on special!!

Here's the LS6 2.5s & the PRC 215s

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=993&catid=40

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=134&catid=40
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-12-2009 | 04:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
What is currently done to the car? 470 RWHP is a pretty big number for a car you are wanting to daily drive and not have any driveability issues. Regardless of what anyone on here tells you, that kind of number takes an aggressive cam, good heads, a decent amount of compression, (over 11;1) and all the supporting mods. This cam is an aggressive cam and will more than likely be more aggressive than what you are wanting by the sound of your post. The car will shake at idle more than the stock cam does and will probably require more maintenance with a setup of this kind.

On head selection, if you have the budget, I would recommend going with the 2.5 LS6 heads. They will move more air and make more power than the 5.3L heads. Not saying that the 5.3L heads are bad at all. But if you are really pushing for that kind of number, you need the best your budget will allow. If you go with the 92/92 combo, UD pulley, good catback exhaust, I think you can see 450+ RWHP. I have seen the same combo go 475 HP to the ground and drive really well IMO. It just depends what you kind of driveability you want. Let me know what you think and we'll get you fixed up on a combo to get you where you want to be!

Jon
thanks Jon for replying

I tell you the full story
before about one month I feel car good in 1st,2ce,3th, speeds is good acceleration but in 4th,5th, so bad and I feel so lean

that's why I took the car to dyno jet for tunning and they found the fuel rate is 10.5 and after that they made new tunning to 13 and it's made 346 hp but the curve come done in 5300 rpm .
the tunner told me mybe the head springs is not ok that's the reason

after one week I replace the spring by comp single spring than I took the car to dyno just for checking and testing and the curve became ok but It's made 341 after 4 runs no more hp I don't know why and I went to track for checking I feel not so good before is ok but now not in addetion I heared some strange sound comming from the left head and I reported above the reason

that's the story

my car mode is
ls6 intake
ported tb
slp lid
duble chain
slp oil pump
hooker headers long tube
borla kitback
asp pully
3 spec kletch
3.73 ratio
suspention ibach

after all I love the cam Idel sound but not high shaking which I reported above I want for daily use

and if you have any suggestion for any combo I need just tell me ? I make order as soon as possible
Old 11-12-2009 | 04:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
You want 450rwhp but dont want the shaking that comes with a camshaft designed to make that power?

I think you need to buy a low compression shortblock for a blower/turbo and go that route. Or go buy an LS7 and stick a mild cam in it.

no problem for low shaking

the blower/turbo needs big budget as you know
Old 11-12-2009 | 05:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Take a look at the PRC 215 heads. You can put a nice 215 head combo with a pretty small camshaft & go into the 450rwhp with the bolt ons. You can get into the 500rwhp range if your running a aggressive camshaft combo!

The good news is both setups are on special!!

Here's the LS6 2.5s & the PRC 215s

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=993&catid=40

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=134&catid=40
which combo h/c you advice me to go with it's make high power and suitable for daily use? and is the tusnami cam is good selection or not ?