Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 to M6 Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 to M6 Wire Harness

I am going to do a heads and cam swap for a guy on his 98 Z28.

Ok now here is the goofy thing about his car.
It started life as a auto car and now it is a manual and it has a 02 LS1 in it.

Now he has told me the motor and trans swap was done by the prevouis owner. I am assumeing that they had to at least swap the PCM but he tells me that the car still has the auto engine harness in it because he does not have anything plugged into the Reverse Lockout or anything on the transmission, and that the harness looks like a mess!

The car runs and drives fine now, but does have a check engine light on, so I am wanting to scan it and see what codes it is throwing now before the heads and cam swap.

Now with this car not having the right harness, will it lead to tuning problems down the road when we are ready to start tuning it?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How is he shifting into fifth with on reverse lockout?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

I could not tell you on that one, I have never drove the car, put he said that if you miss 5th it will go over to reverse and grind. It will not go into reverse through from what he tells me.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z/YA
I could not tell you on that one, I have never drove the car, put he said that if you miss 5th it will go over to reverse and grind. It will not go into reverse through from what he tells me.
Save yourself the headache and hunt down the M6 harness. You need to find out if they changed the pcm or not. I don't know what kinda of effect this will have on the tune but the car as a whole is not going to be right until you get the bugs worked out of this tranny swap.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z/YA

Now with this car not having the right harness, will it lead to tuning problems down the road when we are ready to start tuning it?
NO,

if u flash it with a m6 vin u wont have any problems tuning it, ive been runing my a4 harness with flashed m6 file 2 years.

btw u might aswell look in here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...requested.html

Quick Reply: A4 to M6 Wire Harness