Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C selection help.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H/C selection help.

so its time for me to get cam and heads...and pushrods since i bent one lol. i was looking at this setup from TSP. http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=832&catid=47 It looks to be a good setup for some decent power. I was thinking this with the MS3 cam and chromoly Push Rods. I must go ahead and tell you that its my DD, but I dont care to get 15mpg for 430 whp. The car will never be sprayed. Maybe one day boosted. What do you guys think? my car is an '01 WS6. SLP lid, K&N filter, BBK 85mm throttle body, Pacesetter LTs, and TDs. I think thats about the extent of my mods so far. How do you think it will perform? so you think there is a better H/C package out there for the same price or cheaper?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:24 AM
FormerVendor

Are you looking at the Tsumani cam for this?

I am pretty much putting that much HP down Cam only (233/236)

This should perform well, make sure to get a good tune to keep its street manners thats a low LSA.

We hand port LS1 heads and could put together a package like that, that would get you to your HP goal.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Are you looking for the optimal H/C set up that will most compliment your current set up or are you just looking to hit a certin number?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your first post kind of confused me as well. Are you saying you still want better than 15mpg and better than 430rwhp? Or just one or the other? Or?

Let us know and we can get you setup with a combo that fits your needs and goals nicely

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

sorry, it was late and i was kinda just throwing it together. I'm looking for something thats going to work well with my current mods and make the best horsepower possible without me having to up my TB and get a new intake and stuff. cant afford a FAST intake right now. I'd still like to get atleast 15mpg as it is my DD, i've seen the 430+whp cars get that much so i kinda wanna stay in that ball park.

stroker396: no i wasnt looking at the Tsunami cam, i was looking at the MS3 cam with that package.

Search this Thread